For some, there is heavy skepticism about how effective professional photography can be for selling homes faster and for more money, so we have compiled a list of articles and stats to support what we see first hand with our clients.
Please contact us for local case studies we have developed from our clients' personal experiences.
Check out these 12 real estate photography facts you need to know:
1. Homes listed between $400,000 to $500,000 sell 18% better in the first six months with high-quality photography. (REDFIN)
2. Only 15% of listings have high-quality photography, with half of over $1 million listings using low-quality photos. (The Wall Street Journal)
3. Buyers spend 60% of their time looking at listing photos, and only 20% each on the listing description and agent description. (The Wall Street Journal.)
4. Listings with high-quality photos can gain anywhere between $934 and $116,076 more on the market. (The Wall Street Journal)
5. Homes with high-quality photos receive 47% higher asking price per square foot. (cbsnews.com)
6. Homes with professional photos get 61% more views. (REDFIN)
7. 83% of buyers cited pictures as very important. (investordetails.wordpress.com)
8.Beware. Listings below $300,000 don’t necessarily sell faster with better photos. (The Wall Street Journal)
9. You have two seconds to grab the buyer’s attention without a photo, and 20 seconds with a photo. (marketleader.com)
10. Listings with professional photographs sell 32% faster, spending only 89 days on the market compared to 123 for other homes. (PR Newswire)
11. Homes with professionally photographed pictures can sell for up to $19,000 more. (marketleader.com)
12. Agents who outsource photography earn twice as much commission as those who do not. Only 35% of agents use professional photographers. (inman.com)
What has been your personal experience with using professional photography to sell your listing? We would love to hear your feedback!